Whether you are lucky enough to be enjoying a summer of love or just quietly cleaning off your bucket and spade to put away in the hope of more consistent weather next year, could we crave your attention a moment? It’s not long now until the start of the new term and there are several exciting events to look forward to involving Hacktrax , all things JHB and beyond…
Meanwhile work on the new JHB studio album proceeds apace. More on this soon ..
Also, a plea from Matron who, due to recent efficiency drives, has now taken over the running of lost property. Apparently she has several packs of guitar strings which do not have boys’ names correctly sewn in them. There is also a 1957 gold top Les Paul which has been in the lost property cupboard since Christmas. If it is not claimed by the first week of term, she says it is going in the bin!
Saturday 2nd September – Nene Valley Rock Festival
It looks like we’ll be in fabulous company with all the other acts playing over the weekend – if you’ve not got a ticket yet, it might be worth having a closer look!
We are delighted to announce that Beatrix Players‘ Ms Amy Birks will be adding her soaring voice to a number of tunes, including the King Crimson classic, “I Talk To The Wind”.
Sun 24th September – The Musician, Leicester
We’re joined this time by the wonderful Carrie Martin whose latest album, Evergreen, is proving to be loved and adored by fans and critics alike (with Jeremy adding a spot of bass to the epic Keep In The Light)
It seems that, collectively, we have a lot going on over the next little while!
Listed below are all the various band and member activities up to the end of the year.
Note – some items don’t have links yet, but will become available with official announcements (eg Chester Literary Festival)
- Sat, 9th – Jeremy gig with Divas Through the Decades at Queens Hall Narberth, Pembrokeshire
- Fri 22nd – Nick Classical concert at Southwell Minster, Nottinghamshire, 12:30pm
- Tue 26th – Duncan gig supporting Colour of Light at The Lantern Theatre, Sheffield (also with Mike Simms Music)
- Thu 28th – Duncan gig supporting The Blackheart Orchestra at The Lantern Theatre, Sheffield
- Sat 7th – Nick Classical concert at Abbeydale and Millhouses Parish/ Holy Trinity Church, Millhouses, Sheffield 7:30pm
- Wed 25th – Nick Classical concert at Chequer Road Baptist Church, Doncaster 1pm
- Wed 1st – Nick Classical concert at Christ Church, Harrogate 12:15pm
- Sat 25th – Duncan gig with Joanne Harris and the #Storytime Band at Landmark Arts Centre, Teddington
- Sun 26th – John gig with Beatrix Players at Acapela Studio, Cardiff
- Sun 26th – Duncan gig with Joanne Harris and the #Storytime Band at The Storyhouse Theatre (StoryhouseLive) as part of Chester Literary Festival
- Sun 3rd – John gig with Beatrix Players at The Water Rats, London, double headline with Amanda Lehmann
Hopefully we’ll see you somewhere around the country, and that you’ll love the music that reaches your ears!
As well as recording material for the new band album, there are also these release dates to look forward to:
- Fri 15th September – Nick’s new album, “Quadrivium” :
- Fri 22nd September – Ms Amy Birks‘ band Beatrix Players‘ new album, “Living & Alive”, featuring John: https://www.beatrixplayers.co.uk
- Fri 6th October – Duncan’s new album, “I’m Here, All Weak”: https://duncanparsons.bandcamp.com